Oh La Lari® is celebrating this amazing event offering 20% off the entire store all week. (sales event ends 8/31/2020)
This event was created over 40 years ago after a racial uneveness in breastfeeding rates. In 2014, the most recent CDC data show that 75% of white women have ever breastfed versus 58.9% of black women.
1. The high black infant mortality rate
2. High rates of diet-related disease
3. Lack of diversity in lactation field
4. Unique cultural barriers among black women
5. Desert-Like Conditions in Our Communities
According to CDC today, fewer non-Hispanic Black infants (73.7%) are ever breastfed compared with non-Hispanic White infants (86.7%) and Hispanic infants (84.1%). The World Health Organization says 3 in 5 babies are not breastfed in the first hour of life. Awareness needs to be spread!